When we’re not putting your brand’s logo onto personalised water bottle labels, here at AQ we like to keep an eye on other brands. And this week marks the final episode of one of our favourite brands (in more ways than one!) – The Great British Bake Off.
As ever, it has captured the hearts of the nation, and viewers are expected to tune in to Wednesday’s final in their millions.
So what can we learn from this Great British Brand?
1. When in doubt, use social media. And then use it again. We could all learn a lot from The Great British Bake Off’s Twitter account. It’s perfectly pitched to its audience, maintains a very on-brand sense of fun, and engages expertly with loyal fans.
2. Link in with parent brands. GBBO keeps a strong link with its BBC parent – re-tweeting them and making the most of their huge follower base and prestige.
3. Publicity is your friend. Barely a Bake Off season goes by without one scandal or another (remember last year’s #bingate?) but all this just serves to add fuel to the fire of press interest in the show. And you’ll be hard pushed to find a newspaper this week which won’t report on Wednesday’s result!
4. Give your fans what they want. The GBBO producers know how enthusiastic the show’s fans are, picking favourites and trying out bakes at home. So what have they done? Given them even more GBBO action to enjoy and talk about, in the form of the An Extra Slice spin-off show. Genius.
5. Be the water cooler conversation. If you follow all these Bake Off inspired tips, you never know – your brand could become THE talked about thing in offices across the land, spreading the word and keeping interest in your product.
And with that, only one question remains – who is your favourite to win this year?!?